Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anyone read The world of fighting dogs ?

3 posters

Go down

Has anyone read The world of fighting dogs ? Empty Has anyone read The world of fighting dogs ?

Post by sadhbhsdad Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:45 pm

The main reason I'm posting about this book is to do with the pic of a pit called Buster Brown. What a big dog. In the book it is said that he is 100% pit, no mastiff.
Look at the size of him.
Still pretty agile for such a large dog !

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
sadhbhsdad
sadhbhsdad

Back to top Go down

Has anyone read The world of fighting dogs ? Empty Re: Has anyone read The world of fighting dogs ?

Post by celticpitbulls Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:52 pm

hi sadhbhsdad, had to edit your post, we don't allow the postings of the book or books in relation to dog fighting or game dogs etc as stated in our rules on the forum.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Has anyone read The world of fighting dogs ? Empty Re: Has anyone read The world of fighting dogs ?

Post by eamo s Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:31 am

No i havent read it yet, i seen it about 20 years ago in a shop in town. I just didnt have the money to buy it. Hes a big dog alrite..
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sadhbhsdad Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:32 pm

celticpitbulls wrote:hi sadhbhsdad, had to edit your post, we don't allow the postings of the book or books in relation to dog fighting or game dogs etc as stated in our rules on the forum.

Very sorry about that.
I should have said that the book in no way promotes fighting; it’s just a very informative book about the breeds that were used in such a cruel way for a so called 'sport' Sad Mad
I'd like to quote the authors introduction,

''The purpose of this book is to introduce the reader to the world of fighting dogs. So that the intention of this introduction will not be misunderstood, I would like to state very firmly at the onset that this book has not been written as a guide for those involved in the illegal and inhumane activity of pitting innocent animals against each other. On the contrary, this book has been written to introduce the unquestionably humane average dog enthusiast to an entire category of purebred dogs that offer a great deal to those in search of wonderful companions and home guardians''

As I said the main reason I mentioned the book is to do with the pic I attached.
That dog was almost 100lbs - 45kgs @ 9 months old. I think my mastiff was about the same weight at that age too.
I believe like the majority of powerful dog breed owners that we must be very aware of our chosen dog's breed history and where necessary promote a positive image and character of such breeds, like what the IPBTA stands for.
I hope quoting from the book is OK and again I'm sorry for the rule break it was unintentional.
I consider myself to be a responsible dog owner and would not like to think I glorified dog fighting in anyway.
sadhbhsdad
sadhbhsdad

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:31 pm

apologize for the misunderstanding sadhbhsdad,
im nearly sure the name of that dog Buster Brown was also a name of a shoe shop in the US, they used a pit bull as their mascot.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sadhbhsdad Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:45 pm

celticpitbulls wrote:apologize for the misunderstanding sadhbhsdad,
im nearly sure the name of that dog Buster Brown was also a name of a shoe shop in the US, they used a pit bull as their mascot.

Yeah think your right and they have some connection with Our Gang. Must google that later !
sadhbhsdad
sadhbhsdad

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:52 pm

that be great, its great to bring back the old times when the breeds was loved respected and admired by a nation of people, what happend over the decades is so sad, all i know is it wasn't the breed that changed but rather our breed that caused it.
look forward to your post.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down