Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spring Poles Dog Fighting Tool or Really a Good Legit Idea?

4 posters

Go down

Spring Poles Dog Fighting Tool or Really a Good Legit Idea? Empty Spring Poles Dog Fighting Tool or Really a Good Legit Idea?

Post by celticpitbulls Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:20 pm

By Jason Mann

First and foremost, yes dog fighters use spring poles. So do I.

So does almost every single person I know.

Oh, and I don't know any dog fighters.

PETA and other "humane" organizations put out these, "signs of dog fighting" lists that are full of rubbish and misleading information.

Did you know that most people would report me for dog fighting if they saw my yard? Why? I have a spring pole and more than one Pit Bull.

Both of these are "signs of dog fighting."
The Spring Pole

The Spring pole is a simple tool to exercise your Pit Bull. Nothing more, nothing less, nothing amazing.

I get a dozen or so questions about spring poles each month. Mostly people wanting to know how to build one.

In addition to the methods found in The Pit Bull Training Handbook here's another method.
The Concept of the Spring Pole

Concept: A springy mechanism attached to a toy or "bite surface" assembled in a way that a dog can grab and hold the toy and at the same time tug while the spring provides resistance.

Pit Bulls and Spring Poles Are like Water and Thirst!

Pit Bulls love their spring poles. It gives them a taste of the ancient ways and burns off some serious energy in the process.

They do not cause aggression or any dog to "snap" if a dog does that, it was unsound to begin with.

For safety, keep it semi low to the ground so your dog can touch their back feet. If you have a serious hang time dog and they have proven to be good solid hangers, raise it up a bit.

Consult your vet before starting. I can't say this enough, always, always, get your dog looked at before you put them on something that works them out hard. Joints, good lungs, no heart problems, and over all health are good starting points for your vet to look at.

Enjoy the fun!
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Spring Poles Dog Fighting Tool or Really a Good Legit Idea? Empty Re: Spring Poles Dog Fighting Tool or Really a Good Legit Idea?

Post by slattery9104 Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:38 pm

i definately agree with this good post
slattery9104
slattery9104

http://www.christopherslattery.com

Back to top Go down

Spring Poles Dog Fighting Tool or Really a Good Legit Idea? Empty Re: Spring Poles Dog Fighting Tool or Really a Good Legit Idea?

Post by Harry Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:45 pm

I was building a springpole for my friends Staff yesterday Surprised We failed lol, we had nothing to hang it from Surprised
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:47 pm

a punch bag bracket is always good harry but always start your dog low :D
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:50 pm

I think i'll tell him to hang my springs off the swing :D just put rope from the toy to the springs at the top and raise it up over time :D
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:04 pm

all you need is a luggage tie, you know like a bungee rope type thing? that's what will stop the tug from being stiff and hurting the dog you don't necessarily need a spring.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by culabula Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:52 am

a (thickish)branch of a sally tree is a quick way to make one.some dogs will have no intrest though-mine dosent
culabula
culabula

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:06 am

yeah but i find the branches off trees can leave bad cuts in the dogs mouth that can cause infection, your better off with something safe to attach to your spring pole when using it.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:11 am

Can I please put up the vid of Butch on the Springpole?
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by culabula Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:55 am

i should have been clearer there,a high branch with something to bite attached to it.Sally trees are very springy
culabula
culabula

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down