Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There's been a develpmont

+4
celticpitbulls
pitties rule
YENALED
Harry
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

There's been a develpmont - Page 2 Empty Re: There's been a develpmont

Post by celticpitbulls Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:15 am

your priceless harry you crack me up.... lol!
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:45 am

celticpitbulls wrote:harry you have my head spinning at this stage, pit bull, staffy, ambull, staffy, pit bull, am staff whats it going to be lol!

lol! lol! lol! lol!
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:40 pm

I'm going to have to crack open the piggy bank for this dog lol
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:39 pm

you'd wanna be robbing a bank not cracking open a piggy bank.....lol
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:51 pm

ahh I could use the auld communion money lol! lol!
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:14 pm

lol! lol!
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:03 pm

I want, I want, I want, I want, I want,

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

£1000 well spent that'd be Wink
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

There's been a develpmont - Page 2 Empty What to have ?

Post by Shipley,Staffords Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:04 pm

Harry wrote:I mean I want to be able to go to Scotland and make some $$ off my auntie lol... it's the one thing that was stopping me getting a Red nose before lol.

I'm thinking now about AB's which would be less gifted in the racing side of things, but would be much better at the Strength events... and look really good... and I wouldn't have any trouble moving around lol... But I don't know how much running they could take, which would be a big no-no :L

A big decision bud , depending what line of AB you go for can mean pretty much differant breeds , have you seen Steves bitch LILY & her credentials , very quick !
Also as i believe you are interested in weightpull , well the big boys generally pull the biggest weights but pound for pound get whooped by the smaller staffords etc !

Hope this helps a little , Terry. scratch lol!
Shipley,Staffords
Shipley,Staffords

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:13 pm

I think unless I could get a pup from Kane O. in Sheffield (Diddy) I don't think I'd get an AB tho...

Also, I don't know any Staff to beat Player Wink Wink
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Shipley,Staffords Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:30 pm

Sorry Harry , Player & others like him are great pulling dogs but if you check most comp results then the smaller dogs usually win most weight pulled by body weight percentage.
Many Staffords on the fun days pull 25+ times their body weight , some many more ,
cheers , Terry.
Shipley,Staffords
Shipley,Staffords

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:45 pm

Hhhmmmm, I always thought Player had the best in Europe.

The Staffs defo more versatile :)
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisastaff Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:39 pm

Harry I wouldnt get an Ab they are ALOT of handling you need to put alot into them but you get alot out.

Plus to getting a GOOD ab is very very difficult. TRUST ME DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE!

Lisastaff

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisastaff Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:43 pm

Also if you want a "perfomance dog" get the best all round performance dog there is....a pitbull.

cheers

Lisastaff

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:06 pm

EDIT: [color=red]Thanks for your opinion, just re-read this and it sounded a bit harsh lol [/red]

''''''Harry I wouldnt get an Ab they are ALOT of handling you need to put alot into them but you get alot out.

Plus to getting a GOOD ab is very very difficult. TRUST ME DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE!'''''

You think an AB would take more handling than an APBT?

I know the ultimate performance dog is the APBT, I know that very well, It's the reason I started with Pits. I have to compromise tho, and the Staff is the next best thing. If you knew what way my Pit was going to be bred you wouldn't say the AB is alot of hadling Razz

I talk alot of shite, I have alot of time and my hands and usually think aloud on this site, most of my 'plans' aren't very serious (at all lol)

One that is serious how ever, is the one to get a Staffy Wink
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisastaff Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:21 pm

I have never owned a pitbull but I would think them closer in temperament to a stafford than an american bulldog.

I can only tell you my experience with bulldogs and staffords.

Staffords in general are powerful, bold, fearless and as they all say totally reliable. they are very good with people , and would kiss a burglar before biting. They are people pleasers!
Not good with other dogs.

Bulldogs are not a first timer dog, they are strong willed, dominate, powerful dogs, norman weighed 90lbs + . They are very affectionate but if they see a moment of weakness they will challenge you and dominate you. Norman wasnt into people he had no interest, A good guard dog chased a few chancers out of our back garden.
They are a real serious dog and not for the faint hearted only a firm confident experienced owner should apply.

Just my opinion!

anyway staffords are the best dogs in the world so ner ner ner ner ner lol

Lisastaff

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:30 pm

lisa your deadly loved reading your post, and i think your rite if harry is not going to get a pit i think the next and nearest choice would be a saffy, both breeds not to far apart, love people very eager to please, they love nothing more than to be giving a challenge and will do it to the best of their ability.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:32 pm

Thanks for that, Staffs and Pits must have the worst reps for guard dogs ever lol.

You have to admit tho, AB's look the dogs nuts :) well good one's do, most look sheet Razz

I think Staffs and Pits are easier to handle around people cause they like them, where as most AB's I've seen would have taken a bite out of me given a chance, not very socialable, but a very good guard dog IMO.
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:35 pm

I still think tho that certain APBT's are extreme dogs and alot more difficult to keep calm than an AB, the dogs I was looking at before were super-hyper-crazy dogs, anything that moved = slightly longer arm Razz
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by united Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:59 am

What you want to do Harry is look out for a small APBT and tell your mother it's a Staff. Most people wouldn't be able to tell them apart from each other even expert's. Then raise it responsibly and the best you can. And you won't get the health problem's asscociated with many Staff line's. I class both breed's as one in the same as do many other's who have owned both breed's.

An Ab I would say stay well away from, even with experianced owner's they have a high percentage rate of being manbiter's and trouble maker's.

united

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:11 am

I'm not doing this because im not allowed get a pit, I don't want a half asses piece of sheet pitbull, if I was goin to get a pit it would be a real Apbt. I'm not going to try and trick my mam, I actually want a staff for my first athletic dog. Its the best part about being 14!
Lol. I have another 60years to have Pits haha.
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:55 am

Go Harry Go....You are the Maaaan.
Don’t let anyone change your mind or advise you into being dishonest. A staffy is a great choice and I know you will be a team to be reckoned with.
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:15 pm

united wrote:What you want to do Harry is look out for a small APBT and tell your mother it's a Staff. Most people wouldn't be able to tell them apart from each other even expert's. Then raise it responsibly and the best you can. And you won't get the health problem's asscociated with many Staff line's. I class both breed's as one in the same as do many other's who have owned both breed's.

An Ab I would say stay well away from, even with experianced owner's they have a high percentage rate of being manbiter's and trouble maker's

with all due respect i think your comments is not only Inaccurate but very irresponsible to forward to a young boy to be dishonest to his parents.
The pit bull and staffy are not the same breed yes they are close but you must understand that the breeding of each of these breeds have being very different over the years, i have never owned an American bulldog but i can say that all dogs regardless of their breed are just dogs with the same Psychology with performance being the only thing that separates breeds.

This forum was founded for educational purposes and the education we aim to provide is that regardless of what breed we own we are responsible for the upbringing, training and well being of that dog, i believe if any pet dog has developed an issue what ever it may be then its down to the owner and in most cases innocently their lack of knowledge/education, i myself hold my hands up to any problems my dogs ever had but not for 1 minute do i blame them or believe they were born this way, i would rather educate myself and try to understand why and how this happened and deal with it rather than take the easy way out and blame a lower being for my errors of ownership, why is it when certain dogs/breeds have a problem/issue then its always blamed on the dog and never put down to human error???

People will never learn anything if we are to have this kind of attitude about dogs, people need to take a step up and start taking responsibility's by having somewhat understanding of why dogs behave in certain ways, by educating them-self and gaining knowledge from those that have long time experiences around dogs, just like this kid has done by asking peoples opinions and making the rite decision for his family, his other dogs and for himself. i have the up-most respect for those that have dogs that have developed certain issues and are determent to fix them with out giving up on their dogs, thats the problem with people some seem to think dogs are just disposable items. No
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:02 pm

XXXXX

Last edited by RickyB on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by united Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:26 pm

I didn't realise you were 14. But if you insist on getting one now there are plenty of sound Staff's in pound's, why not go and get one of those? A cheap dog that you'll learn more from than any forum or book. Even better wait a few year's and learn even more than you do at the moment by going to breeder's, show's etc.

They are the same breed, the difference is one line carried on doing the job it's function demanded the other was maintained by people who let their imagination's run wild. But the Staff, Amstaff and Bulldog all come from the same root stock it's just in 2 of the breed's people's opinion's have ruined both of the breed's. They were all inter bred up until the mid 70's in part's of the world.

I'd go so far to say the Staff in general would be a far worse a dog to buy as temperamentally they are more inclined to bite and be aggresive toward's people than a bulldog. And just as dog aggresive. They been bred for apperance not temerament soundness.

A bulldog is a bulldog no matter what it's size is and the very best are in general the smaller sized one's.

united

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:03 pm

What have I said that's made you think I know very little?
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum