Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There's been a develpmont

+4
celticpitbulls
pitties rule
YENALED
Harry
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

There's been a develpmont - Page 3 Empty Re: There's been a develpmont

Post by celticpitbulls Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:31 pm

united wrote:I didn't realise you were 14. But if you insist on getting one now there are plenty of sound Staff's in pound's, why not go and get one of those? A cheap dog that you'll learn more from than any forum or book. Even better wait a few year's and learn even more than you do at the moment by going to breeder's, show's etc.

They are the same breed, the difference is one line carried on doing the job it's function demanded the other was maintained by people who let their imagination's run wild. But the Staff, Amstaff and Bulldog all come from the same root stock it's just in 2 of the breed's people's opinion's have ruined both of the breed's. They were all inter bred up until the mid 70's in part's of the world.

I'd go so far to say the Staff in general would be a far worse a dog to buy as temperamentally they are more inclined to bite and be aggresive toward's people than a bulldog. And just as dog aggresive. They been bred for apperance not temerament soundness.

A bulldog is a bulldog no matter what it's size is and the very best are in general the smaller sized one's.

staffys and pits were specifically bred to be non people aggressive, i love all breeds of dogs but will ya come on i bet out of all breeds today these have the less stats on bites etc, as for the aggressiveness your talking about, aggression is not a breed thing it is a state of mind mainly a build up from different things such as being abused, frustration, lack of exercise, not being socialized, fear etc. im all for rescuing a dog and we promote this on the forum but in 1 comment you are saying that there is plenty of and ill quote you " But if you insist on getting one now there are plenty of sound Staff's in pound's" but yet you go on to say and ill quote you again "I'd go so far to say the Staff in general would be a far worse a dog to buy as temperamentally they are more inclined to bite and be aggressive towards people than a bulldog" ???

the American bull dog of today im nearly sure is not of the same strain as the old bulldog now extinct that was crossed with the APBT or the SBT back in the day, and if so how can you create a new breed of the same strain if the original foundation does not exist?
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shipley,Staffords Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:21 am

I have to join in and say percentage wise , the chances of a stafford being more man aggressive than your average AB is totally out in the woods !
I have met a few good looking AB'S & handled a few in drive mode during athletic events , give me a Stafford any day , less trouble all day long in my opinion !

Cheers , Terry.
Shipley,Staffords
Shipley,Staffords

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:33 pm

RickyB wrote:Harry, have you looked at the (Irish) staffordshire bull terriers, they are very athletic dogs compared to the short KC type of staffords, I'v seen some real nice dogs while judging shows for this type of staffords, there are some real nice dogs of this type in the UK, that way you get a very athletic dog to enter in the Ace events, and you would'nt be lying about what breed you would be bringing into the home ...R

I dont think you would go wrong with some thing like this as Ricky b has said there are some good ones around.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:46 pm

That's what it's looking like now, I don't want anything really over 40lbs or so tho.
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:06 am

so have you seen anything you like harry?
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum