Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

puppy pedlers

4 posters

Go down

puppy pedlers  Empty puppy pedlers

Post by .butch Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:41 am

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1009/garda-dogs-dublin.html

.butch

Back to top Go down

puppy pedlers  Empty Re: puppy pedlers

Post by Philly Mc00 Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:19 am

It's unbelievable, I wonder were they were destined for? The Christmas rush maybe. I'm gonna keep an eye on this to see what is in store for the two men and the puppies.
Philly Mc00
Philly Mc00

https://www.facebook.com/phillymcrory

Back to top Go down

Post by staceyol Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:09 am

Puppies will all be rehomed once the investigation is over and they're cleared of infectious diseases, mange, ear mites etc.
Think they were destined for the UK.
And sure Phil don't you know the two men caught with them will get off scott free, animal laws in this country are an absolute joke!!
staceyol
staceyol

Back to top Go down

Post by clubby Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:08 am

And dont you know people will fall over themselves to take one or even two while other less fortunates who didnt make the head lines die,that realy pisses me off big time.
clubby
clubby

Back to top Go down

Post by staceyol Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:21 pm

clubby wrote:And dont you know people will fall over themselves to take one or even two while other less fortunates who didnt make the head lines die,that realy pisses me off big time.

Couldn't agree more, I wonder will the dogs who are being destroyed in the pounds in this country everyday will ever make the RTE 9 o'clock news.....
staceyol
staceyol

Back to top Go down

Post by .butch Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:06 pm

part 2

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/1012/breaking55.html

.butch

Back to top Go down

Post by clubby Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:23 pm

Is the dog breeding bill not done and dusted? if not maybe in light of these finds the powers that be do something useful for a change,i doubt it tho,their to thick to be stupid,unless they find a way to make money out of it.
As this is on the topic of rehoming,i see on the dspca web site a beautiful all black Staffie and a brindle bullx with the most unusual colored eyes and a pup.
Why in the name of all thats holy are people throwing hundreds at dog breeders when these beautiful ones are there for the takeing,am i missing something??
clubby
clubby

Back to top Go down

Post by staceyol Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:55 am

clubby wrote:Is the dog breeding bill not done and dusted? if not maybe in light of these finds the powers that be do something useful for a change,i doubt it tho,their to thick to be stupid,unless they find a way to make money out of it.
As this is on the topic of rehoming,i see on the dspca web site a beautiful all black Staffie and a brindle bullx with the most unusual colored eyes and a pup.
Why in the name of all thats holy are people throwing hundreds at dog breeders when these beautiful ones are there for the takeing,am i missing something??

The government will do nothing as usual imo, it will all be forgotten about in a few days... I can't understand why people buy from these people either as the amount of gorgeous dogs passing through Dunboyne pound is a sin. I think it's down to people wanting a puppy and not a rescue dog as some people believe a rescue dog is damaged goods and can't be trusted, but they couldn't be more wrong, rescue dogs usually come with all their vac's, neutered, microchipped and fully house trained so you don't have the hassle/cost associated which is what you have when you get a pup. They also know they have been given another chance and are the most loyal of pets imo from rehoming a rescue.
staceyol
staceyol

Back to top Go down

Post by clubby Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:00 pm

I think the worry to is if it comes from the pound they know nothing about its personality but theres so many being surrendered purely because they cant afford them,if a dog has been with a rescue any issues that arise can be sorted before it goes to its forever home... hopefully.I think if they have been treated badly and end up in the pound it can be traumatic for them and very few would be arsed putting the time in,especialy if they just want a garden ornament .
I seen another lot of pups were found last week in limerick destined for the uk, a uk registered jeep pulling a horse box with the horses in it but also had the pups hid in a compartment,again no charges were made.I dont know why they wont make microchipping compulsory,if it works for livestock why not dogs.
clubby
clubby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down