Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Before a new Dog or Puppy arrives...

+4
YENALED
pitties rule
staceyol
Harry
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Before a new Dog or Puppy arrives... Empty Before a new Dog or Puppy arrives...

Post by Harry Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:27 pm

[center]So peeps, it's only a few weeks away, the time when I finally get my first Bull-Breed of dog Wink

I'm going away for 2 weeks on Monday, so want to get fairly organised before I go because it's only a week after I get back that I pick up the new bitch Wink

I have a few bits already, but for the purposes of this thread lets just say I have nothing at all. Can the more experienced please list out of couple things and I'll make sure I have them Wink

Thanks

Just copy and paste this and add your one on....

Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Before a new Dog or Puppy arrives... Empty Re: Before a new Dog or Puppy arrives...

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:00 pm

Harry wrote:[center]So peeps, it's only a few weeks away, the time when I finally get my first Bull-Breed of dog Wink

I'm going away for 2 weeks on Monday, so want to get fairly organised before I go because it's only a week after I get back that I pick up the new bitch Wink

I have a few bits already, but for the purposes of this thread lets just say I have nothing at all. Can the more experienced please list out of couple things and I'll make sure I have them Wink

Thanks

Just copy and paste this and add your one on....

1. patience
2. patience
3. patience
4. patience
5. patience

Back to top Go down

Before a new Dog or Puppy arrives... Empty Re: Before a new Dog or Puppy arrives...

Post by Harry Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:02 pm

lol!

Forgot about that Wink Razz
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by staceyol Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:10 pm

Harry wrote:lol!

Forgot about that Wink Razz

lol!

1. Bed
2. Towels
3. Blankets
4. Collar
5. Lead
6. Harness
7. Poo Bags
8. Baby Wipes
9. Number / Name Tag for collar
10. Puppy Food
11. Food & Water Bowl
12. lots and lots of old socks
13. Ropey toy
14. MAKE THAT LOTS AND LOTS OF TOYS................
15. Crate
ETC, etc. the list goes on lol lol lol!
staceyol
staceyol

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:32 pm

Thanks Stacey!!

What are the Towels for? Just in the bed like?

Also: What are the wipes and socks for?

Oh and one last thing, you've clearly never been to 'Scommon lol... You have to be more wary of big Cow shite's stomped into the ground that a few little dog one's Razz the nearest I've got to picking up a dog poo was with a spade in the garden lol.

Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:06 pm

maybe if you could get something from breeder with cent of mother and litter.... old blanket or something like that.

pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:18 pm

Apart from the obvious....food collar ect get your crate and put the pups bed in it. Make the crate her space even feed her in it and it will become a positive place she will feel secure and comfy in. This time next year she can sit in her crate next to Hank in the jeep and it will be like home from home ( Happy out). lol.
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:25 pm

ah never thought of that.... hank have himself a new girlfriend......lol
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:47 pm

My granny gave me a load of stuff a few weeks ago from when I tried to get her to buy a dog earlier in the year. I'll get a pic in the morn of what it contains. There's a pissy little crate which I doubt the pup will use except for travel when she's little maybe (it's only a plastic one maybe 12" x 18" x 10" at most. If memory serves, I have:

2x Bowls
1x Collar
1x Lead
1x Chain (don't know why that's there, hardly need it for pup and too small for adult)
2x Kong puppy toys, regular one and a teething thing.

I think that's it really, so I need to get:

1x Proper Crate... Anyone got any links to good one's? Not soft black one's off eBay.
1x Bed
2x Blankets and stuff, have towels lol.
And then Misc. Toys aswell Wink

Going to Athlone tomorrow, hope Petworld will give me some change out of my hard earned Fiddy from the last few days... affraid awwh, just remembered I have my new job tomorrow and Thursday too, Ahh well, once school starts I'll be getting a few quid from it so its not too bad I suppose Razz

Hopefully going to see my pup on Friday, have to talk to him and see if it suits the breeder Wink

Really only the end of this week and the week after I come back from Spain to go Laughing
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:51 pm

YENALED1 wrote:
Apart from the obvious....food collar ect get your crate and put the pups bed in it. Make the crate her space even feed her in it and it will become a positive place she will feel secure and comfy in. This time next year she can sit in her crate next to Hank in the jeep and it will be like home from home ( Happy out). lol.

Would that actually be a possibility? I suppose if you get a home for Brock then there'd be loads of space Wink

I think sitting in the crate beside Hank's would be a better way of describing than IN THE CRATE NEXT TO HANK lol, don't see them getting that friendly lol lol lol
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:56 pm

!

Last edited by Come & Go on Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:57 pm

In her crate, even with Brock we would fit 3 dogs. Hank in the front with me brock in the boot and you and your dogeen on the back seat. Sorted
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:21 pm

Might go to one or two before Xmas when she's a few months old so, just for the day out and getting around other muttz Razz wasn't planning on going to that many when she's small because there'd be no point when she can't compete Surprised it's only 18months until I can get my licence so once I have a bit of Petrol money I'll be sorted once she can actually compete like Wink

@Come&Go; I'll do that for sure, would it be good to let the littermates roll around it too? Think that'd prob be helpful too Wink

Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:48 pm

!

Last edited by Come & Go on Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:53 pm

Well that's a helpful pointer, I would have just rubbed it off get back Surprised
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisastaff Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:37 am

im sure you wont have any issues given that you have other dogs, I always find pups settle much quicker when they have other dogs living with them.
Never had any issues with mine, when I have a new pup I always set it in a crate next to one of my other dogs and they were happy as larry

Who you getting a pup off?

Lisastaff

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:32 am

We're not allowed to talk about that until after I get the pup Razz The pics I put up did a Houdini act on me Surprised

I'll get a few on Friday if just the Dam and my pup, not the litter. Hopefully that'll satisfy the rules lol!
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by staceyol Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:40 am

Harry wrote:Thanks Stacey!!

What are the Towels for? Just in the bed like?

Also: What are the wipes and socks for?

Oh and one last thing, you've clearly never been to 'Scommon lol... You have to be more wary of big Cow shite's stomped into the ground that a few little dog one's Razz the nearest I've got to picking up a dog poo was with a spade in the garden lol.

lol! I use the towels to dry Molly off when coming home from being out in rain or to clean her paws, wipes are for same thing or to keep her clean (she's like a baby to me lol), oh and Harry you will be picking up poo when you bring your puppy to the training days, whether you like it or not lol! lol! I'll make sure to have the camera ready for that !!!!!
staceyol
staceyol

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:09 am

^^ I don't feed my dogs the day before they travel... If she wants to poo that much she can pick it up herself!! lol!
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisastaff Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:37 am

Harry wrote:We're not allowed to talk about that until after I get the pup Razz The pics I put up did a Houdini act on me Surprised

I'll get a few on Friday if just the Dam and my pup, not the litter. Hopefully that'll satisfy the rules lol!

you could just tell me!!

Is it a stafford your getting?

Lisastaff

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisastaff Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:11 pm

Sorry to hear about the little pup......but I would have dogs all day long over bitches, girls are more independent whereas dogs never leave your side......just my opinion.

Lisastaff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:29 pm

!

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:41 pm

Harry you never decide on which pup you want without seeing it first and certainly dont make do with whats left unless its really what you want. Surely there are more females, go up asap and choose one and put a deposit on it. You never buy the runt of the litter I have only ever had 2 runts and have given them to good homes. Runt doesnt always mean its getting the bad teat everytime it is often the case it is going to be small or stunted for the rest of its life.
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:52 pm

!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:59 pm

harry there are plenty of staffords around i'm sure you'll have no problems picking up a little bitch , if the rest of the bitches from the litter you where going to get one from are taken go else where !

or do ye have the goo for a blue Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next