Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pitbull for protection

+10
inkriminate
eamo s
pitties rule
YENALED
trackaddict
celticpitbulls
SarahB58
Harry
slattery9104
simonb101
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Pitbull for protection - Page 2 Empty Re: Pitbull for protection

Post by simonb101 Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:52 pm

YENALED1 wrote:God almighty there is an arsenal of dogs out there. This is not something that you have to enter lightly. A huge amount of thought has to go into this, more so than if you were getting a pet. All these breeds you are talking about Presa, Malinois are not for the amateur pet owner. Simon please dont take that the wrong way I am no way calling you an amateur but certain breeds like those I mentioned are for very experienced homes and owners. Get lots of info and talk to breeders if you decide on going down the protection road.

I know your not calling me amature mate my experience is mainly with pitbulls so thats why i through it out there all help and comments are welcome.
simonb101
simonb101

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:55 pm

Simon, will you throw up a few pics of your dog? he looks savage in your pic.
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:30 am

you really do have a way with words harry, Simon, yes id love to see more of your dog he's really beautiful Wink

Last edited by celticpitbulls on Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by slattery9104 Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:48 am

me 2!! :D
slattery9104
slattery9104

http://www.christopherslattery.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:42 pm

yup and me.... reminds me so much of soze in is younger day coz he has a grey beard now.
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:28 pm

celticpitbulls wrote:you really do have a way with words harry, Simon, yes id love to see more of your dog he's really beautiful Wink

Well no point messing around is there Razz
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by simonb101 Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:01 pm

Now guys sorry about the delay i was having trouble uploading pics with my 02 you will have to take them from my facebook page just click the link for the pics
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
simonb101
simonb101

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:57 pm

just had a peek at ur pics..... he's a beaut... love the one where ur hand is under his chin, he looks so relaxed
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:39 pm

Simon he is gorgeous. A real hansom fella.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:46 pm

YENALED1 wrote:Simon he is gorgeous. A real hansom fella.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Work it boy work it cheers Hes a cracker cheers
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by simonb101 Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:00 pm

Yea hes a beaut.Hes 15 months now i think hes a little under weight or not as filled ou as he should be any ideas
simonb101
simonb101

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:10 pm

To be honest with you, from looking at the photos, hes not under weight. His coat wouldnt be glossy looking. His bones would be protruding through his skin. Some Pit Bulls are the more wrangey type, but he could still put on a bit of weight. They usualy fully mature at 3 years old..
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pitties rule Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:18 pm

wouldnt worry about it to be honest.... i think he looks in tip top shape.... good and health... as eamo said his coat looks good and he dont look skinny.... his head is in proportion to his body and he has loads more growing to do

Last edited by pitties rule on Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : coz i cant spell ha)
pitties rule
pitties rule

Back to top Go down

Post by slattery9104 Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:05 am

dogs in mint shape pal i wouldnt worrie... he'll fill out more yet still.... gorgeous lil fella you got there
slattery9104
slattery9104

http://www.christopherslattery.com

Back to top Go down

Post by inkriminate Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:58 am

hi, for protection i would recomend an Akita, they may look cute and cuddly but if these dogs are trained as a protection dog they can be detourant. they are big heavy bodied and make a hell of a lot of noise if anyone comes near the house, not only that but i wouldnt like to get on the end of one of these guys bites

these dogs take an experianced owner as they need a structure, they are great as puppies but when they hit around 2 something seems to change in them and if they do not respect you before that happens you will end up with a dog that will work out your weakness and get the better of you, these are a highly intelligent breed, and are fantastic at anything they are trained to do IF they respect you

inkriminate
inkriminate

Back to top Go down

Post by simonb101 Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:50 pm

Cheers people for all the info. Would anyone be interested in getting a walk going down around the midlands just tought it mite be an idea its hard for everyo9ne to get to dublin
simonb101
simonb101

Back to top Go down

Post by simonb101 Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:03 pm

yea harry thats where i had in mind,its really the only place big enough i could think of. Would we be let do it though i dont know if its public ground like the phoenix park
simonb101
simonb101

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:44 pm

simonb101 wrote:yea harry thats where i had in mind,its really the only place big enough i could think of. Would we be let do it though i dont know if its public ground like the phoenix park
For members living to far for dublin walks
by Admin on Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:02 am

.Due to members on the board that cant make the Dublin walks/meetups we are pleased to inform you that we have made the Decision to allow you to post up a meetup/walk in your area here on the forum.

Members should PM details and receive permission to post such adds/Events
Members should agree that true all your events that you take into consideration the general public and to avoid places that can cause harm to your members their dogs at your event. Most importantly Always be aware of the law's in your area.

These guidelines are designed to encourage responsible ownership. Pit Bull owners today face extraordinary challenges as this breed copes with the negative image caused by the minority of others. All events organised require dedicated, responsible and knowledgeable owners always, but especially so today given the current circumstances surrounding the breed.The Pit Bull owner should always be aware that, just as their Pit Bull represents the breed to the public, they themselves represent Pit Bull owners to the public. A Pit Bull owner should always be a polite source of accurate information on the breed and publicly conduct themselves in a respectful, responsible fashion.

eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:46 pm

eamo s wrote:
simonb101 wrote:yea harry thats where i had in mind,its really the only place big enough i could think of. Would we be let do it though i dont know if its public ground like the phoenix park

Members should PM details

Here in lies the problem
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:05 pm

simonb101 wrote:Cheers people for all the info. Would anyone be interested in getting a walk going down around the midlands just tought it mite be an idea its hard for everyo9ne to get to dublin
hi simon unfortunately we hold our walks here in Dublin for now as we don't have the body's to attend walks elsewhere at the moment, because of this we can't facilitate a walk in the midlands just now but hopefully when we get more organized we will do our best to organize something, any events/venues we organize has to be approved and attended by an admin from IPBTA
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:26 pm

inkriminate wrote:hi, for protection i would recomend an Akita, they may look cute and cuddly but if these dogs are trained as a protection dog they can be detourant. they are big heavy bodied and make a hell of a lot of noise if anyone comes near the house, not only that but i wouldnt like to get on the end of one of these guys bites

these dogs take an experianced owner as they need a structure, they are great as puppies but when they hit around 2 something seems to change in them and if they do not respect you before that happens you will end up with a dog that will work out your weakness and get the better of you, these are a highly intelligent breed, and are fantastic at anything they are trained to do IF they respect you
i think all dogs and particularly strong breeds need an experienced owner not just an akita, i dont think because a dog reaches a certain age they change, any dog regardless of breed if they don't have an owner that understands their basic needs and stimulation can develop issues not just the akita, just like you said if owners don't take control and understand that dogs not only need love they need an authority figure i believe that all or any breed will work out your weakness and get the better of you if you dont understand them, dogs in general are highly intelligent and can be fantastic giving any task with the proper handling regardless of their breed. i think any dog can protect you and don't need to be trained for it and i also think that people can be frighted away without having to get bitten, if a dog trained or not goes and bites some1 you really have to be very careful as it can easily happen in a situation where the house is not at risk, as i said before dogs know if something is wrong they will react i recommend leave it that way then they understand they only go into this mode if there is a problem and not develop this training technique to bite if not needed. i say let them use their own initiative its best rather than encouraging something that could very easily get out of control.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:27 pm

simonb101 wrote:Now guys sorry about the delay i was having trouble uploading pics with my 02 you will have to take them from my facebook page just click the link for the pics
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

love your dog and lovely face, what a little beauty.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by simonb101 Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:01 pm

celticpitbulls wrote:
simonb101 wrote:Cheers people for all the info. Would anyone be interested in getting a walk going down around the midlands just tought it mite be an idea its hard for everyo9ne to get to dublin
hi simon unfortunately we hold our walks here in Dublin for now as we don't have the body's to attend walks elsewhere at the moment, because of this we can't facilitate a walk in the midlands just now but hopefully when we get more organized we will do our best to organize something, any events/venues we organize has to be approved and attended by an admin from IPBTA

Hi celtic eamo posted this on my tread i tought a meet up outside the dublin would be ok

.Due to members on the board that cant make the Dublin walks/meetups we are pleased to inform you that we have made the Decision to allow you to post up a meetup/walk in your area here on the forum.

Members should PM details and receive permission to post such adds/Events
Members should agree that true all your events that you take into consideration the general public and to avoid places that can cause harm to your members their dogs at your event. Most importantly Always be aware of the law's in your area.

These guidelines are designed to encourage responsible ownership. Pit Bull owners today face extraordinary challenges as this breed copes with the negative image caused by the minority of others. All events organised require dedicated, responsible and knowledgeable owners always, but especially so today given the current circumstances surrounding the breed.The Pit Bull owner should always be aware that, just as their Pit Bull represents the breed to the public, they themselves represent Pit Bull owners to the public. A Pit Bull owner should always be a polite source of accurate information on the breed and publicly conduct themselves in a respectful, responsible fashion.
simonb101
simonb101

Back to top Go down

Post by simonb101 Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:03 pm

Harry wrote:
eamo s wrote:

Members should PM details

Here in lies the problem

Where abouts in roscommon are ya harry
simonb101
simonb101

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:04 pm

Just outside the town itself, but I don't have my Pit yet, and I amn't allowed PM
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next