Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pitbull for protection

+10
inkriminate
eamo s
pitties rule
YENALED
trackaddict
celticpitbulls
SarahB58
Harry
slattery9104
simonb101
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Pitbull for protection - Page 3 Empty Re: Pitbull for protection

Post by Admin Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:27 pm

simonb101 wrote:
celticpitbulls wrote:
simonb101 wrote:Cheers people for all the info. Would anyone be interested in getting a walk going down around the midlands just tought it mite be an idea its hard for everyo9ne to get to dublin
hi simon unfortunately we hold our walks here in Dublin for now as we don't have the body's to attend walks elsewhere at the moment, because of this we can't facilitate a walk in the midlands just now but hopefully when we get more organized we will do our best to organize something, any events/venues we organize has to be approved and attended by an admin from IPBTA

Hi celtic eamo posted this on my tread i tought a meet up outside the dublin would be ok

For members living to far for dublin walks
by Admin on Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:02 am

.Due to members on the board that cant make the Dublin walks/meetups we are pleased to inform you that we have made the Decision to allow you to post up a meetup/walk in your area here on the forum. Until we find a proper solution, we canot facilitate these walks outside of Dublin. As Celticpitbulls just explained to you Wink

Members should PM details and receive permission to post such adds/Events
Members should agree that true all your events that you take into consideration the general public and to avoid places that can cause harm to your members their dogs at your event. Most importantly Always be aware of the law's in your area.

These guidelines are designed to encourage responsible ownership. Pit Bull owners today face extraordinary challenges as this breed copes with the negative image caused by the minority of others. All events organised require dedicated, responsible and knowledgeable owners always, but especially so today given the current circumstances surrounding the breed.The Pit Bull owner should always be aware that, just as their Pit Bull represents the breed to the public, they themselves represent Pit Bull owners to the public. A Pit Bull owner should always be a polite source of accurate information on the breed and publicly conduct themselves in a respectful, responsible fashion.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:34 pm

Ok, but what is new there? Don't mean to waste time or anything
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by simonb101 Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:53 pm

ok im lost with all the different elements of this conversation Razz Embarassed
simonb101
simonb101

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:35 pm

lol so am i at this stage, what i mean is at this moment in time we are all very busy doing stuff to sort out a permanent venue for you guys, we have a lot of work going on behind the seen and to try organize a walk in the midlands would be a little to much at this stage, i hope this explains a little better for you all. but as i said hopefully things will be falling into place and of course we can get something sorted as soon as we can for you.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:04 pm

Oakley Doakley flower
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by kasovitz Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:28 am

what YUO thinking about cao ,anatolian kangal ,dogo argentino and bully kutta -this type of dog are bigest like ast and ireland s pit bull s
in my country we know only pit s from uk and ast and pits from usa
and some owner s are stupid
dont socializzing a dogs and all kind ast and pit have in this moment bad opinion

kasovitz

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:41 pm

None of those dogs are in Ireland, and APBT and AST are not big dogs.
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by leroy Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:16 pm

kasovitz wrote:what YUO thinking about cao ,anatolian kangal ,dogo argentino and bully kutta -this type of dog are bigest like ast and ireland s pit bull s
in my country we know only pit s from uk and ast and pits from usa
and some owner s are stupid
dont socializzing a dogs and all kind ast and pit have in this moment bad opinion
dont mind harry thay are in ireland harry is only 16 yrs old and has not got a clue

leroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:09 pm

There's a few Dogo's but not Bully Kutta's or Kangals, maybe CAO tho
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:16 am

a friend of mine has a central asian ovtcharka, he is one bad ass you can keep ur rottie ,dob or pit, this is a serious bit of kit, he got him from a person that didn't actually realise wot they had until the dog started to grow [IMG][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] class

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:30 pm

No contest regardless of size and strength. The A.P.B.T. is no1 dog without a doubt :) If you have any pics of him, post them up it be good :)
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:46 pm

mybigtoe wrote:a friend of mine has a central asian ovtcharka, he is one bad ass you can keep ur rottie ,dob or pit, this is a serious bit of kit, he got him from a person that didn't actually realise wot they had until the dog started to grow [IMG][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] class
i dont think these kind of comments are of any use or educational to members here, a dog is a dog its not about how macho they are or what dog is better for the job, for gods sake this is why we have so many problems with breeds, bottom line is what ever dog you choose will look out for you, respect you, love you and protect you, its not the dog that needs to be trained its the owners knowledge that will active what you are looking for in your dog regardless of their breed.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:59 pm

celticpitbulls wrote:
mybigtoe wrote:a friend of mine has a central asian ovtcharka, he is one bad ass you can keep ur rottie ,dob or pit, this is a serious bit of kit, he got him from a person that didn't actually realise wot they had until the dog started to grow [IMG][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] class
i dont think these kind of comments are of any use or educational to members here, a dog is a dog its not about how macho they are or what dog is better for the job, for gods sake this is why we have so many problems with breeds, bottom line is what ever dog you choose will look out for you, respect you, love you and protect you, its not the dog that needs to be trained its the owners knowledge that will active what you are looking for in your dog regardless of their breed.

Thats ur opinion, i won't bother a argueing the toss with u,,,, but this thread was about protection dogs and which is the best , and i gave my opinion just the same as most others did Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by pitguy Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:13 pm

you want a good protection dog get a malinios no better protection dog in the world
pitguy
pitguy

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:15 pm

a friend of mine has a central asian ovtcharka, he is one bad ass you can keep ur rottie ,dob or pit, this is a serious bit of kit

i don't want an argument with any1 but in all fairness do you think the above comment is appropriate when this forum is trying to promote responsible dog ownership? do you think it helps change the minds of the people out there that has a fear of dogs because of this kind of behavior from people? you are more than welcome to your opinion but at least give 1 that's not making a dog out to be a monster etc.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:41 pm

u got me completely wrong , i'm makin no dog out to be a monster as u call it , this is a strong protective dog of its human companion with very good guarding instincts of its surroundings, now that was ment when i said serious bit of kit , lingo is a little different around here Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:01 am

im not having a go at you but i don't think there is many meaning or lingo that refers to a (bad ass dog!) i also don't think Simon is looking for just a dog for guarding he also wants the dog to be a house pet while doing so, a strong protective dog of its human companion with very good guarding instincts of its surroundings is in all breeds out there, its their pack mentality to protect their environment and their pack. Wink
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by simonb101 Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:22 am

celticpitbulls wrote:im not having a go at you but i don't think there is many meaning or lingo that refers to a (bad ass dog!) i also don't think Simon is looking for just a dog for guarding he also wants the dog to be a house pet while doing so, a strong protective dog of its human companion with very good guarding instincts of its surroundings is in all breeds out there, its their pack mentality to protect their environment and their pack. Wink

I have to agree with celticpitbulls on this one she has it spot on thats exactly why i started the tread. Mybigtoe im not having a pop but you said it yourself your lingo was all off. I own an apbt myself an i didnt get him because he's bad as or i want people to think i am. I got him because i love the bread, i love the look of him and because i also think the misconception of what some breads are portrayed to be like is a complete inacurate again mybigtoe im not having a go at you. Its just some people are all to willing to use words like that and i does not the the cause of the apbt and dogs like it. Remember at the end of the day all dog are just that dogs one species just different breads just like humans Razz and its there surrondings that shape them.
simonb101
simonb101

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:36 pm

no probs ye just seem to have a different view on it (and maybe on a lot of things) than me Laughing and as u said events and surroundings shape all animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3