Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ears cropped poll

+10
YENALED
mark
slattery9104
Justin420
Harry
nika139
eamo s
celticpitbulls
ste
Admin
14 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

ears cropped poll - Page 2 Empty Re: ears cropped poll

Post by mark Mon May 17, 2010 6:19 pm

well everyone,,like i said before..if the dog needs his or her ears cropped,,its the owners choice.... i will crop any dog that needs it... if their ears are not standing natural...
got a new pup today...will get cropped too,,if needed...
i could have cropped kingston, but he did not need it....

pitbulls and amstaff look nicer cropped..
if they dont have short natural shaped ears...

i think some people talk s**t about cropping,,,especialy when they cant get it done themselves....
i use pro vet,,,and after care...
mark
mark

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Mon May 17, 2010 6:25 pm

I think Gypsy looks savage :D and Kani is better :D Will u put up a pic of the new puppy?
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by mark Mon May 17, 2010 6:35 pm

i will as soon as i can .. i bought her for kinston..same colour ..
nothing from my breeding....and you know me if i dont like her ears,,,yes they are gone...and does gypsy and kani look dangerous,,no they dont...

well not in my eyes anyway...
mark
mark

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Mon May 17, 2010 6:39 pm

And that should be all that matters, you shouldnt have to do things to make your dogs more appealing to others. Will she be at the next walk (I'll get to walk a dog of yours definately then)
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by mark Mon May 17, 2010 6:48 pm

yes i will have her up..and you can walk her...check your messages in a minute
mark
mark

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Mon May 17, 2010 6:51 pm

OK, I was thinking that if ur kid was there he could take her either cos Gypsy would prob be big :D (Not that I want her or Kani Razz )
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by mark Mon May 17, 2010 6:58 pm

ha ha..yes you will have gypsy or kani this time
mark
mark

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Mon May 17, 2010 7:06 pm

Yaaay, that's another thing, will I get there at all :lol
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by slattery9104 Mon May 17, 2010 11:20 pm

i think ear cropping is suited to pits and amstaffs as mark said only if its done proper and if the dog needs it i've been around a lot of marks dogs and there all in top condition kani and gypsy's ears are perfect and i've seen other dogs off his line that dont have there ears done as they didnt need it

i'd be with marks opinion that if they need it done and they are done right then its the thing to do

there are pitbulls that done need it done like kingston who's ears are perfect and thats why there not done

i'm going to see the way my pups ears turn out before i decide 100% and i was told that if the dogs ears are fine then i wont be getting them cropped which i agree with :)

but thats my opinion and every one is entitled to there opinion
slattery9104
slattery9104

http://www.christopherslattery.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mark Tue May 18, 2010 7:26 am

well said....nice one...
mark
mark

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 18, 2010 8:31 am

i'd do it if i could get someone proper to do it.
Deco wrote:Nah looks poo, and no reason for its just cruel
neutering would prob hurt more. or any other opperation even.
although that being said, some dogs react different to it. after its done some dogs are very wary of people goin near their ears even for a rub on the head. but most dogs seem to be fine once its done in the first 5 weeks

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Tue May 18, 2010 11:58 am

i used to like it and i have seen some dogs that it suits but it is for us at the end of the day, i don't think id be into it now as much, id say it can make some dogs suffer with ear problems and as you said can make a change in some dogs temperament etc, i.ve seen some poor pups in rescue that their poor ears have been hacked off really made me sick, maybe thats what changed me about it Neutral
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mark Tue May 18, 2010 1:15 pm

[quote="celticpitbulls"]i used to like it and i have seen some dogs that it suits but it is for us at the end of the day, i don't think id be into it now as much, id say it can make some dogs suffer with ear problems and as you said can make a change in some dogs temperament etc, i.ve seen some poor pups in rescue that their poor ears have been hacked off really made me sick, maybe thats what changed me about it Neutral[/quote ya lilly i know where you are coming from..if i seen a bad job i would be mad too.. an as you know and said i dont hack them off like scum do...
mark
mark

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Tue May 18, 2010 2:40 pm

mark wrote:well everyone,,like i said before..if the dog needs his or her ears cropped,,its the owners choice.... i will crop any dog that needs it... if their ears are not standing natural...
got a new pup today...will get cropped too,,if needed...
i could have cropped kingston, but he did not need it....

pitbulls and amstaff look nicer cropped..
if they dont have short natural shaped ears...

i think some people talk s**t about cropping,,,especialy when they cant get it done themselves....
i use pro vet,,,and after care...

A little unsure what you mean by "If a dogs needs it". If you have a dog with cropped ears that was bred in this country, and you are unable to prove that you had the procedure done elsewhere are you liable to be prosecuted.
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Tue May 18, 2010 7:17 pm

[quote="mark"]
celticpitbulls wrote:i used to like it and i have seen some dogs that it suits but it is for us at the end of the day, i don't think id be into it now as much, id say it can make some dogs suffer with ear problems and as you said can make a change in some dogs temperament etc, i.ve seen some poor pups in rescue that their poor ears have been hacked off really made me sick, maybe thats what changed me about it Neutral[/quote ya lilly i know where you are coming from..if i seen a bad job i would be mad too.. an as you know and said i dont hack them off like scum do...

i understand where your coming from mark and at the end of the day its none of my business who or where any1 gets their dogs done, i might not be into it but i have to say 1 thing about you, your dogs are loved and cared for and no you didn't try to do it your self you got it done pro. as i always say its only my opinion.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by slattery9104 Tue May 18, 2010 7:25 pm

yeah totally agree marks dogs ears are very well done and cared for they weren't hacked off by sum scumbag but done professionally and well cared for and he only gets it done to dogs that would look better with it done
slattery9104
slattery9104

http://www.christopherslattery.com

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Tue May 18, 2010 7:29 pm

it has being very seldom you see an am staff without the ears cropped?? most am staffs i.ve seem are all cropped.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Tue May 18, 2010 7:31 pm

It's pretty much standard in Europe to do it and US aswell, they get nearly all their dogs done :D Butch's brother has that doesn't he?
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Tue May 18, 2010 8:48 pm

This practise is considered a cosmetic procedure and turns the dog into an object to please an owners ego. What gives you the right to turn your animal into a fashion accessory? He may be well fed and looked after but at the end of the day the people that get this cosmetic mutilation done consider looks more important then the animals well being.
It is an illegal practise in this country and most other civilized countries in Europe. As for the US there are now 750 animal hospitals that refuse to do this for cosmetic reasons. The veterinary council here in Ireland are calling for a complete ban on tail docking aswell. They have my complete support on all counts.

Cropping is illegal in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, UK, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, , Slovakia, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, and the Virgin Islands.
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Tue May 18, 2010 9:05 pm

GoldenBoy wrote:It's pretty much standard in Europe to do it and US aswell, they get nearly all their dogs done :D Butch's brother has that doesn't he?
yeah but butches brother was not done in the rite manner doesn't look right ether Evil or Very Mad
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Tue May 18, 2010 9:10 pm

Im getting my ears done tomorrow, im a Trekie fan, you can call me Spock Laughing
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Tue May 18, 2010 9:14 pm

chopper read more like it Shocked
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Tue May 18, 2010 9:30 pm

Ha ha ha i remember that. How is he still alive Shocked
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Tue May 18, 2010 9:51 pm

YENALED1 wrote:This practise is considered a cosmetic procedure and turns the dog into an object to please an owners ego. What gives you the right to turn your animal into a fashion accessory? He may be well fed and looked after but at the end of the day the people that get this cosmetic mutilation done consider looks more important then the animals well being.
It is an illegal practise in this country and most other civilized countries in Europe. As for the US there are now 750 animal hospitals that refuse to do this for cosmetic reasons. The veterinary council here in Ireland are calling for a complete ban on tail docking aswell. They have my complete support on all counts.

Cropping is illegal in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, UK, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, , Slovakia, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, and the Virgin Islands.

Why do you think it's cruel? Is it not alot less severe then removing a dogs womb/overies or chopping off there ba*ls? Most ppl don't care about the 'health benefits' of getting neutered (with male dogs) they just dont like the look of them, or the thoughts of them on there couch/bed. I think you should be able to do this as there is no reason against it. The dog goes to sleep, wakes up and has some cotton wool in his ears, and gets a tasty treat for the next 2weeks with a little anti-inflamotory in it.
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by eamo s Tue May 18, 2010 10:03 pm

Harry it doesn't benefit the dog in anyway, unless it was a medical procedure. They are more inclined to pick up ear mites and other infestations. They are even more sensitive to noise than natural ears. You would have to keep them clean all the time too. Its to please the human eye. I cant tell anyone what to do with their dogs ear. Neutering or Spaying a dog has benefits, longer life, less chance in contracting Cancer. People dont get these operations done for the fun of it, they have very good reasons...
eamo s
eamo s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next