Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ears cropped poll

+10
YENALED
mark
slattery9104
Justin420
Harry
nika139
eamo s
celticpitbulls
ste
Admin
14 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

ears cropped poll - Page 4 Empty Re: ears cropped poll

Post by Guest Wed May 19, 2010 1:08 pm

is it a fair vote or wot?

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Wed May 19, 2010 1:12 pm

slattery9104 wrote:oh and minority group or not we still have every right to express our views with out you constantly having a problem with them and forcing your views on us
Calling me stupid is a smart remark for a man that cant spell and has trouble with the English language. When you make a point on this site regarding the reasons for this procedure you should be able to take criticism from those that disagree. Oh and for the record I have 4 children and if you must sling personal remarks leave them in the playground or i will tell your Mammy.
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 19, 2010 1:16 pm

blackstuff wrote:i tried to vote yes and it didn't change to 6 either ? wots da story??

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Wed May 19, 2010 1:25 pm

im not sure whats up with it but im going to knock the vote off it doesnt seem to be working.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 19, 2010 1:32 pm

celticpitbulls wrote:im not sure whats up with it but im going to knock the vote off it doesnt seem to be working.
ya probably the thing to do :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 19, 2010 2:27 pm

i think we are supposed to be the minority!! jocolor

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Wed May 19, 2010 2:43 pm

colm wrote:i think we are supposed to be the minority!! jocolor
Glad we agree on something
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by slattery9104 Wed May 19, 2010 3:10 pm

YENALED1 wrote:
slattery9104 wrote:oh and minority group or not we still have every right to express our views with out you constantly having a problem with them and forcing your views on us
Calling me stupid is a smart remark for a man that cant spell and has trouble with the English language. When you make a point on this site regarding the reasons for this procedure you should be able to take criticism from those that disagree. Oh and for the record I have 4 children and if you must sling personal remarks leave them in the playground or i will tell your Mammy.

Are you serious?? where did i say "stupid"?? ok so now are we gona go on about my spelling etc.? I can take criticism no prob at all but when you give you're opinion remember that does'nt mean we have to bow down and agree with you

i cant see any personal attack on you just criticising your views as you say can be expected. so now your getting personal by reffering to me as a child? tell my mammy what will she do? give out to me for expressing my opinion? by the way you might view me as a child been only 18 but i've accomplished a lot in the last few years most adults have never came near (even with my bad spelling and grammer hahah) not many 18 year olds have their own business so i think i'm doing well and after all this i'l stil crop ears if i think my pitty "needs it" :D so is this subject going to be locked now as you cant push your views on people like you tried with other subjects??
slattery9104
slattery9104

http://www.christopherslattery.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Wed May 19, 2010 3:48 pm

It won't be locked aslong as the rules are being followed :D I agre if the dog needs it i'll get it done, if they're perfect like Kingston's ears I wouldn't :D But Gypsy's ears are so amazing she is so beautiful with them and it would make her look alot worse if she had ears 1/2 up or 1 up 1 down etc.
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Wed May 19, 2010 4:08 pm

we only lock a topic when we don't have the knowledge to answer some of the questions Razz
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 19, 2010 4:10 pm

(slight sarcasm)

Back to top Go down

Post by alan.g Wed May 19, 2010 4:26 pm

I don't think I could do it too my dogs. I wouldn't change a thing Wink Sure I'm struggling to get the bottle up to get Rufus spayed! The practise of doing this is purely for looks and has NO scientifically proved benifits. The reason they are/were done is for fighting or cosmetic reasons. I think people should research these things individually before posting opinions on the matter as it can lead to misunderstandings and needless arguments. I have a dog who " needs it" as harry pointed out the catagories there(rufus has one ear that flops over) but still wouldn't get it done as it dosent bother HIM. It annoys me and looks funny but I wouldn't put him under the knife to make me feel like he " looks the part" . However I wouldn't respect anybody any less if they choose to have it done nor would I slate them for doing so esp if they are brave enough to say so publicly. Let's try get back to the things we agree on about our dogs and remember the danger they are in worldwide. And again try stick to the facts when arguing a point as other members might be reading these posts for educational reasons etc. Wink
alan.g
alan.g

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Wed May 19, 2010 4:33 pm

slattery9104 wrote:
YENALED1 wrote:

Are you serious?? where did i say "stupid"?? ok so now are we gona go on about my spelling etc.? I can take criticism no prob at all but when you give you're opinion remember that does'nt mean we have to bow down and agree with you

i cant see any personal attack on you just criticising your views as you say can be expected. so now your getting personal by reffering to me as a child? tell my mammy what will she do? give out to me for expressing my opinion? by the way you might view me as a child been only 18 but i've accomplished a lot in the last few years most adults have never came near (even with my bad spelling and grammer hahah) not many 18 year olds have their own business so i think i'm doing well and after all this i'l stil crop ears if i think my pitty "needs it" :D so is this subject going to be locked now as you cant push your views on people like you tried with other subjects??

When I am wrong about something I own up. It was my other sparring partner Colm that called me stupid so I apologise. I have voiced my opinions simply backing up my reasons against this. I haven't a notion of trying to change your mind but have simply tried to understand your reasons for agreeing with this. I still don't understand what you mean by "if my dog needs it". Originally it was a simple question ok with a few undertones but still you have failed to answer. Are the dogs ears so deformed they need to be cropped or is it as simple as YOU DON'T LIKE THE LOOK OF THEM. Surely its one or the other.
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Wed May 19, 2010 4:34 pm

YENALED1 wrote:
Glad we agree on something
Full on sarcasm
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mark Wed May 19, 2010 4:42 pm

if needs it...yes if 1 ear is not standing the same as other ear...
if i like a dog and even think it willl look nice ,,the ears will be done...

edited, sorry mark we can't advertise ear cropping.
mark
mark

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 19, 2010 4:45 pm

People Are Getting So Hot Headed Jezz. Everyone Is Entitled To Their Own Opinion So Here's Mine >
I Like The Way It It Looks [When Done By A Pro]..But I Wouldn't Get It Done To My Pooches Because I Wouldn't Have The Heart To Put Them Under The Knife. Or anybodys Dog For That Matter.
Yeah If A Dog 'Needs It' Done Like If A Human' Needed 'His/Her Ears Pinned Back Because They Didnt Like The Way Their Ears Looked [Too Big/Stuck Out Too Much]
People Say That We Should Have Got His Ears 'Cropped'. Thank God We Didnt Listen To What Other People Thought! He Just Wouldn't Be Boots Without Those 'Batwing' Ears lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Wed May 19, 2010 4:46 pm

mark wrote:if needs it...yes if 1 ear is not standing the same as other ear...
Can I have his name and phone no
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alan.g Wed May 19, 2010 4:53 pm

Same ear boots ! :) Rufus has a floppy ear and like i said b4 it bugs me sometimes but i wouldnt risk him going under and if anyone comes to me with a puppy who has it i just tell them to use a rubber band to "tie back" the ear and it it grow straight after a few weeks.(only works on growing dogs though) . I wouldnt see Mark or anybody else as less of a dog lover for doing it but it should be made clear to everbody reading that its purely done for looks.
alan.g
alan.g

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Wed May 19, 2010 4:54 pm

BootsPitty wrote:People Are Getting So Hot Headed Jezz. Everyone Is Entitled To Their Own Opinion So Here's Mine >
I Like The Way It It Looks [When Done By A Pro]..But I Wouldn't Get It Done To My Pooches Because I Wouldn't Have The Heart To Put Them Under The Knife. Or anybodys Dog For That Matter.
Yeah If A Dog 'Needs It' Done Like If A Human' Needed 'His/Her Ears Pinned Back Because They Didnt Like The Way Their Ears Looked [Too Big/Stuck Out Too Much]
People Say That We Should Have Got His Ears 'Cropped'. Thank God We Didnt Listen To What Other People Thought! He Just Wouldn't Be Boots Without Those 'Batwing' Ears lol!

fair play tara :D
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Wed May 19, 2010 5:33 pm

mark wrote:if needs it...yes if 1 ear is not standing the same as other ear...

edited, sorry mark we can't advertise ear cropping.

To editor, why can we not? What was there?
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by alan.g Wed May 19, 2010 5:46 pm

I didnt edit it harry but i would say it was advertising ear cropping! Wink
alan.g
alan.g

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Wed May 19, 2010 5:48 pm

What does that mean?? What would that even mean Razz
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 19, 2010 6:01 pm

is the poll closed so, it was just starting to get close :D

Back to top Go down

Post by alan.g Wed May 19, 2010 6:03 pm

It would mean somebody posted something that advertised a service. In this case ear cropping. :) what part is confuzzling ya ?
alan.g
alan.g

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Wed May 19, 2010 6:05 pm

I thought some1 edited it cos he talked abou ear cropping Question I'm thinking he said about his vet or something?
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next