Ireland's Pit Bull Terrier Association (IPBTA)
Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to IPBTA,
Promoting responsible dog ownership along with providing athletic k9 sporting events that suit all our types of dogs.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ears cropped poll

+10
YENALED
mark
slattery9104
Justin420
Harry
nika139
eamo s
celticpitbulls
ste
Admin
14 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

ears cropped poll - Page 3 Empty Re: ears cropped poll

Post by mark Tue May 18, 2010 11:09 pm

YENALED1 wrote:
mark wrote:well everyone,,like i said before..if the dog needs his or her ears cropped,,its the owners choice.... i will crop any dog that needs it... if their ears are not standing natural...
got a new pup today...will get cropped too,,if needed...
i could have cropped kingston, but he did not need it....

pitbulls and amstaff look nicer cropped..
if they dont have short natural shaped ears...

i think some people talk s**t about cropping,,,especialy when they cant get it done themselves....
i use pro vet,,,and after care...

A little unsure what you mean by "If a dogs needs it". If you have a dog with cropped ears that was bred in this country, and you are unable to prove that you had the procedure done elsewhere are you liable to be prosecuted.

IF A DOG NEEDS IT ...i have my dogs ..i love them ...i breed for looks ,,not to fight..
i hope that some day pitbulls will be accepted in ireland as pets and not fighting dogs..
and i have my dogs to prove it...harmless cropped PITBULLS AND AMSTAFFS...
and if i do get prosecuted..
well thats another story for LILLY..

peace...
mark
mark

Back to top Go down

Post by mark Tue May 18, 2010 11:15 pm

eamo s wrote:
GoldenBoy wrote:If i were to be given the opportunity I would have it done I think it makes them look more clean-cut, makes them more defined which i like.
I think its a macho look, its more of a trend n fashion statement. If you are into that style, i wont argue. After all everyone is entitled to an opinion.
i think MACHO is someone that thinks he is the man in front of girls...im not like that...emo you are the man doing wheelies on your big bike..do you not think you are macho.....my opinion...
mark
mark

Back to top Go down

Post by slattery9104 Tue May 18, 2010 11:17 pm

i think that its the owners decision and as far as tail docking goes it NEEDS to be done i cant imagine ever owning a boxer or dobe again with out its tail docked..

any one see pics of a dobe with a tail? its discusting and totally destroys the way the dog should look its bad enough not been able to get there ears done but if it had a tail it doesn even look like a dobe any more

i think its more harmfull what there doing inbreeding show dogs like that pikenese that cant walk loner than 5 mins and has to rest on an ice pac or the face the dog regularly has seziuers due to it been bred for a squashed small head that cant even hold its own brain which is too big yet it wins crufts??? and also has had 5 litters and the pups been sold for a few thousand?? tell me thats not crewl! and its done for looks too by the way

so in my opinion (which i'm entitled to) ear cropping and tail dockin is alot safer and healthyer than what all these so called "expert breeders" are doing to make there dogs look better
slattery9104
slattery9104

http://www.christopherslattery.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 18, 2010 11:43 pm

OK

Last edited by DECANIO on Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : OK)

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Tue May 18, 2010 11:59 pm

slattery9104 wrote:i think that its the owners decision and as far as tail docking goes it NEEDS to be done i cant imagine ever owning a boxer or dobe again with out its tail docked..

any one see pics of a dobe with a tail? its discusting and totally destroys the way the dog should look its bad enough not been able to get there ears done but if it had a tail it doesn even look like a dobe any more

i think its more harmfull what there doing inbreeding show dogs like that pikenese that cant walk loner than 5 mins and has to rest on an ice pac or the face the dog regularly has seziuers due to it been bred for a squashed small head that cant even hold its own brain which is too big yet it wins crufts??? and also has had 5 litters and the pups been sold for a few thousand?? tell me thats not crewl! and its done for looks too by the way

so in my opinion (which i'm entitled to) ear cropping and tail dockin is alot safer and healthyer than what all these so called "expert breeders" are doing to make there dogs look better

to hell with everything else LOOKS are more important. I agree with what you are saying about show dogs but that has absolutely nothing to do with this Topic. These dogs are bred with ears that lie flat on their heads, if you want something with ears that stick up in the air may I suggest you consider buying an Ass.
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Wed May 19, 2010 12:06 am

mark wrote:
YENALED1 wrote:
mark wrote:well everyone,,like i said before..if the dog needs his or her ears cropped,,its the owners choice.... i will crop any dog that needs it... if their ears are not standing natural...
got a new pup today...will get cropped too,,if needed...
i could have cropped kingston, but he did not need it....

pitbulls and amstaff look nicer cropped..
if they dont have short natural shaped ears...

i think some people talk s**t about cropping,,,especialy when they cant get it done themselves....
i use pro vet,,,and after care...

A little unsure what you mean by "If a dogs needs it". If you have a dog with cropped ears that was bred in this country, and you are unable to prove that you had the procedure done elsewhere are you liable to be prosecuted.

IF A DOG NEEDS IT ...i have my dogs ..i love them ...i breed for looks ,,not to fight..
i hope that some day pitbulls will be accepted in ireland as pets and not fighting dogs..
and i have my dogs to prove it...harmless cropped PITBULLS AND AMSTAFFS...
and if i do get prosecuted..
well thats another story for LILLY..

peace...
You still have not explained what you meant by "if the dog needs his or her ears cropped,,its the owners choice...." your words not mine. I am sure you love your dogs and you perhaps have a great breeding program BUT if you breed for looks as you have stated your still finding fault with their ears. Sorry but that does't make sense. If you breed for looks and your still not happy then your doing something wrong.
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Wed May 19, 2010 12:46 am

GoldenBoy wrote:
YENALED1 wrote:This practise is considered a cosmetic procedure and turns the dog into an object to please an owners ego. What gives you the right to turn your animal into a fashion accessory? He may be well fed and looked after but at the end of the day the people that get this cosmetic mutilation done consider looks more important then the animals well being.
It is an illegal practise in this country and most other civilized countries in Europe. As for the US there are now 750 animal hospitals that refuse to do this for cosmetic reasons. The veterinary council here in Ireland are calling for a complete ban on tail docking aswell. They have my complete support on all counts.

Cropping is illegal in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, UK, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, , Slovakia, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, and the Virgin Islands.

Why do you think it's cruel? Is it not alot less severe then removing a dogs womb/overies or chopping off there ba*ls? Most ppl don't care about the 'health benefits' of getting neutered (with male dogs) they just dont like the look of them, or the thoughts of them on there couch/bed. I think you should be able to do this as there is no reason against it. The dog goes to sleep, wakes up and has some cotton wool in his ears, and gets a tasty treat for the next 2weeks with a little anti-inflamotory in it.

Comparing ear cropping to Spay/castration, Harry what are you saying? "Most people don't care about health benefits" associated with these two procedures What a load of rubbish. Was there some kind of survey or pole published saying this.... todays dog owners don't like the look of their dogs b...s or the fact they are on the furniture so they cut them off, I DONT think so. If these people do exist you would think they would have least one normal brain cell to say I dont like the look of a dogs b----x so I will get a bitch.
There is a long list of reasons against ear mutilation, i read an article in a American Vet mag and it stated that the Veterinary Org in the states have tried several times to ban this procedure. They are finding hard to get it through because they are up against the AKC. Maybe it all boils down to money lots of dollars tied up in these breeds and breeders. I was talking to a friend of mine and also admiring her 2 boxers. Maybe its just me but I had to be told they had tails didn't even notice. they were sitting down with their tales neatly wrapped around their legs. It was a lovely sight when the 2 dogs stood up and these lovely tales wagged.
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Wed May 19, 2010 12:52 am

Thought for the day.....Deliberately breaking the law by getting dogs ears cropped.....Responsible Ownership.... The 2 just don't seem to go together.
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mark Wed May 19, 2010 7:35 am

YENALED1 wrote:Thought for the day.....Deliberately breaking the law by getting dogs ears cropped.....Responsible Ownership.... The 2 just don't seem to go together.

show me the law that says you cannot crop ears...
mark
mark

Back to top Go down

Post by slattery9104 Wed May 19, 2010 8:33 am

YENALED1 wrote:
slattery9104 wrote:i think that its the owners decision and as far as tail docking goes it NEEDS to be done i cant imagine ever owning a boxer or dobe again with out its tail docked..

to hell with everything else LOOKS are more important. I agree with what you are saying about show dogs but that has absolutely nothing to do with this Topic. These dogs are bred with ears that lie flat on their heads, if you want something with ears that stick up in the air may I suggest you consider buying an Ass.

No thank you i'll be getting a pitbull and if i decide to get the ears cropped its MY decision and i WILL if i see fit sorry if you don't agree with it but your opinion is exactly that just an opinion and means nothing to me stop trying to push your views on everyone else you dont the same with the weight pull subject and it seems if people dont agree with you totally then there wrong mybe its just me but i think that comment about getting an ass is stupid how does it relate to this subject better than my point about breeding and inbreeding dogs?

i made a valid point that this is more harmfull to dogs then ear cropping and you just disreguarded it as you'v no point against it

at the end of the day i know i'll love my pit more than anything and your not gona stop me or any owner who wants the ears cropped or tail docked all you'l do is irritate them with your pushy views
slattery9104
slattery9104

Back to top Go down

Post by dave. Wed May 19, 2010 8:52 am

i totally disagree with ear docking, its serves no purpose bar aesthetic and as for tail docking the reason tail docking started was for gaurd dogs, the reason behind this is to hide if the dog is happy and coming over to give you a lick or if its defensive and coming over to scare u off, in the first instance it would be wagging its tail and not in the second, people have grown up with certain breeds looking a certain way for example rottwiellers, boxers dobermans etc, but alot of breeders are starting to change, there is a local rottwieller and staff breeder that does not dock his rottwieller tails and i think his dogs still look great. im not against tail docking however i would not do it myself for any breed nor would i have any dogs ears cropped for any other reason bar medical
dave.
dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 19, 2010 9:01 am

sometimes its actually good for their ears to be cropped. id a dogs ears are completely covering the hole then that could be a haven for mites. with the ears cropped it allows more air into them instead of stale air in them.

look at the pics from crufts. boxers rotweilers...some have long tails. it doesnt look too bad. their tails tell a huge story body language-wise. up down stiff wagging...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Wed May 19, 2010 9:04 am

slattery9104 wrote:
YENALED1 wrote:

No thank you i'll be getting a pitbull and if i decide to get the ears cropped its MY decision and i WILL if i see fit sorry if you don't agree with it but your opinion is exactly that just an opinion and means nothing to me stop trying to push your views on everyone else you dont the same with the weight pull subject and it seems if people dont agree with you totally then there wrong mybe its just me but i think that comment about getting an ass is stupid how does it relate to this subject better than my point about breeding and inbreeding dogs?

i made a valid point that this is more harmfull to dogs then ear cropping and you just disreguarded it as you'v no point against it

at the end of the day i know i'll love my pit more than anything and your not gona stop me or any owner who wants the ears cropped or tail docked all you'l do is irritate them with your pushy views
I am not trying to push my views on everyone else this is just an opinion and this is one of the benefits of this site. You are in the minority group on here regarding this subject 35%. I am just standing up for what I believe is wrong.
Whether the point is valid or not about in-breeding I don't practice this with my dogs, and I haven't seen anyone on here say they do so that is why it was irrelevant in this case. In the past I have traveled to Wales to find a suitable mate for my dogs and have always bred healthy puppies. The last time I mated my bulldog I went to an imported dog to bring new genes into my lines. In breeding has proven it is the downfall of some of todays lovely breeds. There are many things more harmful to dogs than cropping ears but just because you don't do 1 doesn't mean you can do another. I couldn't care less about irritating anyone as far I am concerned most humans rank last in my book not fit to be breathing the same air.
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 19, 2010 9:08 am

its been 35% for ages. i voted yes and it still didnt change...

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Wed May 19, 2010 9:14 am

colm wrote:its been 35% for ages. i voted yes and it still didnt change...
obviously percentages don't work like that........... it is calculated to the nearest whole number. If the % was accurate there would be a decimal point.......
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 19, 2010 9:15 am

ok it was 5 votes for yes. i tried voting and it didnt go to 6. does whole no's not work like that either

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Wed May 19, 2010 9:19 am

colm wrote:ok it was 5 votes for yes. i tried voting and it didnt go to 6. does whole no's not work like that either
maybe you have voted already
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by YENALED Wed May 19, 2010 9:21 am

YENALED1 wrote:
colm wrote:ok it was 5 votes for yes. i tried voting and it didnt go to 6. does whole no's not work like that either
maybe you have voted already
even if the poll is wrong i guarantee you are in the minority group.
YENALED
YENALED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 19, 2010 9:23 am

a minority. out of 14 people. dont be stupid. thats a mickey mouse poll. if you want proper numbers do it on the streets where ya get a mix of every person. your a very negative person. open your mind a bit

Back to top Go down

Post by slattery9104 Wed May 19, 2010 9:42 am

wel you have your views but i couldnt give a fiddelers been honest and you've serious issues with the hole humans shouldnt be breeding the same air bs

next you'l be going on for people to each have only one child as we dont desever our place in this earth and more than one child is going to cause more problems will you get a grip please we'v heard your opinion over and over and over again yet we all still feel the same so stop trying to bully people into your views i gave my opinion that i like ear cropping i didnt push it on you to get it done yet your pushing on most here that it shouldn't be done so serious let other people have their opinion and their say
slattery9104
slattery9104

Back to top Go down

Post by slattery9104 Wed May 19, 2010 9:43 am

oh and minority group or not we still have every right to express our views with out you constantly having a problem with them and forcing your views on us
slattery9104
slattery9104

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 19, 2010 9:45 am

well sed chris!

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Wed May 19, 2010 10:21 am

Cropped ears, there was many reasons for this, for breeds such as the doby, the Doberman was bred to be a personal protector, cropped ear's is less of a "handle" for an attacker to hang out of just like their tails. for other breeds the original intention of ear cropping was to reduce injury to dogs who would engage in battle with other dogs, animals, or humans by giving the opponent less to grab onto also. It also decreased the risk of a hunting dog's ear being torn when running through underbrush etc.
ear cropping has being encouraged by the show crowd to keep certon looks of working dogs even though they are not worked today, just like the intention of tail docking.
unfortunately some bad bloodsports still exist today such as dog fighting, cropped ears would be more associated to that bloodsport within the pit bull/bully breeds. This would be 1 of the main reasons i would discourage the cropping of any pet dogs as it is understandable when you come across so many fearful people looking at your dog like he/she is "one of them dogs" and makes it that little bit harder to enplane how friendly he/she is than a dog with ears!

I think at the end of the day weather its legal or not people are going to do it still if this is what they want, we would be best to try advise against it due to the reasons of this forum, our forum is here to educate not dictate, if this is a decision mad by you nobody here can tell any1 what to do but what i will say is if your mind can't be changed about it than at least take this advice, always remember its about what you want and that its not essential, always remember that if the fear the general public have of the bully breeds and that just as we see our dogs as cute bears sleeping in our beds others may not see them that way "IF we want to make a change we must change", and most of all always remember go to a professional vet if there is 1 out there willing to do this if that's what you choose to do and NEVER get some1 to do it coz you heard they can, this is where dogs are suffering being hacked to death and left in horrific pain.
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by celticpitbulls Wed May 19, 2010 10:28 am

we are here to have an opinion and not personal attacks, lets have a proper conversation and be professional about it out of respect for our members and new members thanks..
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 19, 2010 1:05 pm

i tried to vote yes and it didn't change to 6 either ? wots da story??

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next